Harrisburg, Pa. (WHTM) – The Pennsylvania Division of Well being is reporting 623 new circumstances of COVID-19 on Sunday, Could 17, bringing the statewide complete of constructive circumstances to 62,234.
In keeping with the Division of Well being, there are 4,418 useless in Pennsylvania attributable to COVID-19.
The Division of Well being despatched a press launch with the next info:
“As counties transfer from purple to yellow, we’d like all Pennsylvanians to proceed to comply with the social distancing and mitigation efforts in place,” Secretary of Well being Dr. Rachel Levine stated. “We should proceed to guard our most weak Pennsylvanians, which incorporates our seniors, these with underlying well being points, our healthcare employees and our first responders. I’m pleased with the work that Pennsylvanians have executed thus far, however we can not cease now, we should proceed to take the required steps to guard ourselves from COVID-19.”
There are 270,670 sufferers who’ve examined unfavorable up to now. Of the sufferers who’ve examined constructive up to now the age breakdown is as follows:
- Practically 1% are aged 0-4;
- Practically 1% are aged 5-12;
- Practically 2% are aged 13-18;
- Practically 6% are aged 19-24;
- Practically 37% are aged 25-49;
- Practically 26% are aged 50-64; and
- Practically 29% are aged 65 or older.
Many of the sufferers hospitalized are aged 65 or older, and a lot of the deaths have occurred in sufferers 65 or older. Extra information is offered here.
In nursing and private care houses, there are 13,447 resident circumstances of COVID-19, and a couple of,091 circumstances amongst workers, for a complete of 15,447 at 558 distinct services in45counties. Out of our complete deaths, 3,057 have occurred in residents from nursing or private care services. A county breakdown will be discovered here.
Roughly 4,451 of our complete circumstances are in well being care employees.
For the most recent info for people, households, companies and colleges, go to “Responding to COVID-19” on pa.gov.
Non-life-sustaining companies within the purple section are ordered to be closed and colleges are closed statewide by means of the rest of the tutorial 12 months. Presently, 37 counties are within the yellow section of reopening; 12 extra will transfer to the yellow section on Could 22.
The Wolf Administration stresses the position Pennsylvanians play in serving to to cut back the unfold of COVID-19:
- Wash your palms with cleaning soap and water for at the least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if cleaning soap and water aren’t obtainable.
- Cowl any coughs or sneezes along with your elbow, not your palms.
- Clear surfaces steadily.
- Keep house to keep away from spreading COVID-19, particularly if you’re unwell.
- In case you should exit for a life-sustaining purpose, please put on a masks.
— to www.abc27.com